Acquisitions – Periodicals and Databases
The section deals with all aspects related to the acquisition of and the use of journals and databases. The areas of responsibility:
- Acquiring journals and databases from publishers, vendors or Malmad (the Israeli University Libraries Consortium).
- Integration and updating of the details of items in the various library systems and in ULS – the Union Catalog of Periodicals in Israeli University Libraries
- Electronic Journals and databases
- Checking usage statistics of electronic resources
- Managing the section’s budget
The section keeps track of new developments and changes in journals and databases in English and Hebrew in print as well as electronic format.
The purchase of new journals and databases is done by recommendations of lecturers, library liaisons, and the section staff, in coordination with the collection development policy of the library and the budget.
The cancellation of a journal or database is done in cases where there is low usage or in conjunction with the library’s budget. The decision to cancel is done with the consultation and coordination with the lecturers of the faculties, based on usage statistics.
|Section Head||Marina Bialikfirstname.lastname@example.org||202|