Borrowing and Returning
Borrowing privileges are personal and not transferable.
The borrower is responsible for the books in their possession until the due date.
- Books from the regular collection are generally loaned out for two weeks.
Books which have not been requested by another reader are automatically renewed daily until the maximum period of one year.
- Academic staff (professors and lecturers) and doctoral students are allowed to borrow up to 200 books from all the Campus Libraries.
- Undergraduate students and graduate students and staff are allowed to borrow up to 100 books from all the Campus Libraries.
- Paid subscribers, lecturers and master’s degree students from Tel Aviv Yaffo Academic College, teaching staff and graduate students of the universities which are part of the agreement (National Library, Ben-Gurion University Library, Bar-Ilan University Library, Haifa University Library, Hebrew University Library, Technion, Weizmann Institute and the Faculty of Agriculture, Rehovot) are allowed to borrow up to 10 books from all the Campus Libraries.
- Students in the exchange programs, Mechina students including the meichina for immigrants, and paid subscribers associated with Tel Aviv University, are allowed to borrow up to 10 books.
It is incumbent on the reader to check the situation of the books they borrowed through my user account ,in order to return materials on time when needed by another reader and to avoid late returns and fines.
Books are to be returned at the Circulation Desk, or in the book drop box at the entrance to the library.
Laptop computers, tablets and other computer equipment are to be returned to the circulation desk only, at least half an hour before the library closes.